There are many Old Testament prophesies quoted in the Gospels specifically about Jesus’ final week. Here is a brief list:
- He would make a triumphal entry in Jerusalem (Zechariah 9:9, Psalm 118).
- He would be smitten like a shepherd (Zechariah 13).
- He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:1–13 and Psalm 41:9).
- He would be given vinegar and gall (Psalm 69:21).
- They would cast lots for His garments (Psalm 22:18).
- His bones would not be broken (Exodus 12:46; Numbers 9:12; Psalm 34:20).
- His side would be pierced (Zechariah 12 and Psalm 22:16).
- He would die among malefactors (Isaiah 53:9, 12).
- His dying words were foretold (Psalm 22:1, 31).
- He would be buried by a rich man (Isaiah 53:9).
- He would rise on the third day (Jonah 1:17; cf. Genesis 22:4 with Hebrews 11:19).
- His resurrection would be followed by the destruction of Jerusalem (Daniel 9, 11 and 12).